Saturday, September 8, 2012

Chevron Quilt: Finished!

The chevron quilt is done! I am in shock that I actually finished a quilt! My first quilt!


 To finish the quilt, I cut strips and strips of the red polka dot fabric.
 Then sewed them together into one long strip.
and pinned them along the edge of the quilt, and hand sewed the entire thing.
I actually LOVED hand sewing the binding. The process takes a lot longer than if I had run it through my sewing machine, but I really liked how it looked hand stitched, and I enjoyed watching movies while I stitched my binding. It's very satisfying. I might hand stitch an entire quilt next time.
 and there it is!
The quilt turned out fantastic, and I am very proud of it. The best part was tonight as I put Christine to bed in her crib I was folding up the quilt getting ready to put it away and Christine asked to sleep with "new quilt". Her sweet little request made me so happy. 

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I can't believe you hand stitched the entire binding. That is so crazy. It looks amazing though. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first quilt was a chevron pattern as well :) This turned out lovely, good job on the hand stitched binding! I am not that patient.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt! You've just inspired me to make a chevron one :) I've just found you lovely blog. Look forward to exploring it :)

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete