Thursday, September 13, 2012

PR&P: Bias Remix

Week one of Project Run and Play season five is here!
 This week's challenge was to remix No Big Dill's Very Biased Skirt.
I decided to make a little button-up top with flutter sleeves paired with Box Pleat Shorts (tutorial here).
 I drafted the pattern for the top, and made the base from white muslin. Then I covered the front of the shirt with strips of two different fabrics cut on the bias. The bias strips are from white lining fabric and the other is a sheer sparkly fabric.
 The shorts are made from a blue linen blend with a fabric covered button (my favorite detail!)
There's a cute little pocket in the back from the same fabric as the button (Chevron in Aqua- Riley Blake Fabric)
I'll admit, I was a little stumped on this one when I first heard the season's themes. But I am really pleased with how it turned out.
 
Check out the Project Run and Play Flickr group to see everybody's outfits. There's a lot of fun creative women in the group! I can't wait until tomorrow to see the real competitor's outfits!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh the sparkle is so fun! I love the scale and weight of the strips on the top and the fun buttons and little gathers on the bottom of the shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your remix! It is the perfect mix of white and colors. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute top!I love the different fabrics alternating in your strips. I linked to you with a picture of it on my blog here: http://ridingthebonnieway.blogspot.com/2012/09/happy-happy-birthday-late-birthday.html I hope you don't mind but I really love it!
    Bonnie MS
    ridingthebonnieway.blogspot.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/RidingTheBonnieWay

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable top :) Love those shorts with the fun little back pocket! Lovely blog you have here :)

    xo
    summer

    ReplyDelete