Friday, May 11, 2012

An Introduction

The idea for this blog has been floating around in my head for a while.  Of course it's been floating along next to lots of little doubts. But this week I was searching for some excitement and out came the blog idea again, and I decided to give it a try.

My husband is going through medical school right now. Having a husband in medical school means he is gone A LOT. He has one more year of medical school left, then he begins his residency. Residency is called such because you are a resident of the hospital. You LIVE there. The hospital controls you. You say goodbye to your family. Residency is particularly bad for surgery. At least that is what I have been told by other wives going through the process. This is a large reason for starting this little blog. Something to bring a little joy to my life during the long process of my husband becoming a doctor.

My brother in law, who is an Ophthalmologist, was giving me some advice for getting through residency. He suggested I pick up some hobbies. I had to laugh a little because I have a LOT of hobbies. I told him I like to craft, and he responded "Oh you like to scrapbook?"  No. I don't scrapbook. There is a lot more to the crafting world than just scrapbooking.

So what hobbies do I do? The big one is sewing. I have a 20 month old daughter who I love to sew clothes for. I have just begun to dabble in designing my own patterns. I love the blog Project Run and Play, a kid's clothing competition online. They have a reader sew-along contest that I have had fun participating in. I also like to sew baby things, especially baby shoes. Besides sewing, I like to do home decor projects, crocheting, embroidery and I have tried a little cross-stitching, I have tried a little bit of quilting, and recently I bought myself the supplies to start learning Calligraphy. I would like to learn a little bit of jewelry making too. (Do you see why I laughed when he suggested I pick up a hobby?)

The plan for this little blog is to show my projects that I create, and to share a few tutorials for my original work. I always have a million ideas floating around in my head and I am excited to share some of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS