Thursday, May 17, 2012

June Bug Remix

In January, Project Run and Play held their first sew-along. Each week as the bloggers competed, the readers sewed along and uploaded their pictures into the flickr group for a chance to win a gift certificate and of course for the of fun sharing and inspiring creativity! The first challenge was the June Bug Remix. Sewers took the pattern from Craftiness Is Not Optional and put their own twist on it.

The challenge sounded too fun to miss out on, so I pulled out my sewing machine and headed to the fabric store. This was my first clothing project I ever made by following a tutorial, so I didn't stray too far from the original. I put my own mark on it by adding a white ruffled petticoat underneath, mustard felt covered buttons, and a large white flower pin. I made the pin removable so I could take it off when I washed it. Only, I forgot the tell the hubby the flower was removable and he threw the dress in the laundry with the flower pin still attached! It still looks good enough to wear, but has a completely different look. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS