Friday, June 29, 2012

Baby Boy Velcro Ties

Recently I was invited to my friend's party for her twin boys. I like to give handmade gifts, but what do you make for boys? and twin boys? After some thinking I decided on using Make it and Love it's pattern for the Little Guy Tie.
The pattern looked a little confusing, but it turned out to be easier than I thought. For the fabric I used some Amy Butler Love Spots in Olive and Tangerine. I love sewing with Amy Butler Fabric, it's a guilty pleasure. The ties didn't take very long to sew up, and I learned how to use Steam a Seam double sided fusible web. It's like Wonder-Under but sticky! which is great for holding things in place before you fuse them together. I will say though, that when I make another tie I probably won't use the Steam a Seam and will just do some hand sewing. Yes hand sewing takes a lot longer, but the Steam a Seam requires you to use an iron to fuse things together, and the iron smooshed down the knot of the tie. I liked how the knot looked better before I pulled out the iron.
Even with flat knots, don't they look adorable in their ties?

1 comment:

  1. I spy two cute little boys with two cute little ties!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS