Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chevron Baby Quilt: Week One

Today is Saturday, that means it's time for my first progress update on the chevron quilt. 
Here is all the fabric that will be turned into a beautiful baby quilt. The background fabric (pink with red riding hood) will be the back of the quilt. The blues, pinks, and grays will be the chevron stripes with the white polka dots in between. (The white polka dot fabric is not from the Moda line- I bought it from JoAnns to help lower the cost. I think it looks like it belongs!) The red polka dots will be the binding.

I modified the original pattern a little bit. Crazy Mom's directions called for 3" wide strips. Subtracting half an inch for seam allowances would mean that the final strips would be two and a half inches wide. I thought that was a little too small. So I am cutting 4" inch strips.

As you can see, I got a little anxious to see how it would look and sewed some strips together, and then cut them into 7 1/2" blocks already. ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS