Friday, June 22, 2012

Present for a baby

Ever since I saw this picture on Delia's blog of the baby circle skirt Dana gave her, I have been dying to make my own.
Luckily my cousin just had a baby girl and I thought it was the perfect chance to sew the skirt. I couldn't stop at just a skirt, so I made a pair of baby shoes and tossed in a headband.


I used Dana's tutorial and pattern for the circle skirt. To hem the skirt I used a rolled hem foot on my sewing machine (Made it on Monday has a tutorial for how to use one).

I used the Mila Baby Shoe Pattern from Fleeting Thing. I messed up on the ruffle placement (the ruffle was off by a half inch on one of the shoes- on such a small shoe it's a big deal) instead of ripping it all apart and starting over, I just made bows to place on top!
For the headband I whipped up a little bow and sewed it on to some elastic.

I hope my cousin likes the matchy-matchy look!

1 comment:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS