Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Favorites from Shorts Week

With the announcement of the first place winner today, Shorts on the Line is over. With over a hundred shorts, there were many sewers who deserved to win. Here are my favorites, who I think deserved a prize.
Ruffled Shorts by la inglesita. These ruffle shorts almost won the reader's choice. I have already pinned the tutorial from Homemade by Jill that she used to make these.
What I liked:  I love the girly ruffle along the side, the fabric choice, and the coordinating top.
Apricot Bloomers by Rowan and Oak. These shorts won 1st prize, and she deserved it. When I saw these in the flickr group I though "Oh crap, there goes my chance at winning!" She used the bubble shorts pattern from Ottobre Summer 2012. I am slightly tempted to buy the issue from ebay for $20
What I liked: The color, the pleats on the top, the adorable pockets, and the lace poking out of the pockets and along the bottom.
Puppet Show Shorts by Wee Share Blog Made from an Oliver + S pattern
What I liked: the pleated pockets with bias tape, and the fabric choice.
The Japanese Pattern Book Shorts by Sew Country Chick. These shorts make me want to buy several Japanese sewing books (although I am completely intimidated at the thought of having only pictures and diagrams to figure out the sewing).
What I liked: I love the gingham print and the playful yet dramatic volume of the shorts. 
Tomboy Shorts by Little Weaver Women Can you tell that I like grey shorts?
What I liked: the flat front, gathered legs, and the pockets with the fabulous yellow pom pom trim
Pocket Shorts by Elegance & Elephants I was shocked that these didn't win. This was another "Oh crap, there goes my chance at those prizes."
What I liked: this is a self-drafted pattern, made from knit, and in a fabulous color. So impressive!

AND OF COURSE...
the Box Pleat Shorts by Zuzzy. I mean, how fabulous is Zuzzy? (ha ha ha!)

1 comment:

  1. these are all in my favorites as well!! and i thought for sure those yellow shorts might take it too :) SO many great shorts!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS