Monday, July 2, 2012

A Little Bird Applique to Fancy-up a Skirt

 I bought this skirt on clearance at Target for $1. I love clearance! The grey skirt on its own was very boring. But add a little bird and it's now my favorite skirt!
I cut a bird shape from fabric and used Wunder-Under to fuse it to the skirt. Then I embroidered around the edge with embroidery floss using a backstitch (here is a tutorial for how to do a backstich if you don't know how)

The fabric came from Jess from Craftiness Is Not Optional (If I had to choose my favorite blogger ever, she would be it). She was cleaning out some of her fabric stash a little while ago and put some bags of fabric scraps up for sale. I snagged one up as quick as I could, and I am SO glad that I did! The package came in the mail FULL of amazing fabrics, and to my surprise she added a key chain.
Have you seen her fabric key chain tutorial? See the pink and orange one on the bottom? Yep it's mine :) It's in my purse right now, holding my keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS