Friday, July 20, 2012

More Shorts for "Shorts on the Line"

 
I made a second pair of shorts for Shorts on the Line, and I LOVE how they turned out!
I wanted to recreate the paper bag shorts from Homestitched. The tutorial indicated to trace an existing pair of shorts and use that for the pattern base. However, that did not give enough volume to make a pair of shorts like hers. (If I was to do it again, I would add two more inches to the width of my pattern). At first I was disappointed that my shorts weren't very full, especially because I didn't get the paper-bag waist I was going for. I kept sewing though, and once I added the little details...
 like this cute bow...
belt loops...
 and the adorable cinched legs, I was happy with the shorts. 

When I saw the end product, I didn't end up with what I imagined in my head. But instead, I had something that was my own (even if it's not on purpose, it still counts right?)
And I love how they fit my monkey.

For anyone curious, I used lightweight chambray in "denim dusty blue"

Look! Zuzzy made an appearance at the photo shoot!

2 comments:

  1. These are just so darn cute! I think I want to make a teeny tiny pair for Edison's summer thighs!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS