Friday, July 13, 2012

My favorite playdough recipe

 
I have tried lots of different home made play dough recipes. Most of them have a grainy texture and smell weird. I like this recipe because it is so smooth and soft, and has a great smell because it's made with a package of jello!

I found the original recipe on Play Dough Recipe. Maybe it's our humidity, but their version ends up too sticky for us, so I modified it a little bit to work with our southern climate.
You will need:
1 1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 cup warm water
1 3 oz package of jello
 Combine all ingredients in a bowl. I like to do this part on the ground so my little helper can participate in the process.
 Stir well, until there are no more flour lumps.
 Move to the stove. Pour mixture into a pan, set on medium heat.
Stir continuously until mixture forms into a ball.
 Remove from pan, place dough on a layer of wax paper on top of a wire rack. (My helper was VERY excited to start playing with the play dough so I pulled the dough apart into chunks so it would cool faster)
Once it is cooled, it's ready for your little one to start creating! Store in an airtight container when not in use.

1 comment:

  1. So this blog is amazing! I am so impressed. This is the first time I have been able to really look at it because of the chaos of moving, but wow. I love it and wish I had time for this kind of stuff! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS