Saturday, July 21, 2012

Peplum shorts for Shorts on the Line


  Making shorts is addicting! I woke up this morning and didn't feel like cleaning up the house and I had all my fabric and sewing supplies covering my dining room table from making my chambray shorts yesterday. So I just sat down and started sewing.
I had thought about making these shorts at the start of Shorts on the Line. I saw this great photo (from J.Crew Spring 2011) in the Shorts on the Line pinterest board and thought they would be cute toddler shorts. I love peplums right now, they are so trendy. Except I can't pull them off. But Christine can.. although she doesn't know how trendy she is with her peplum instead she calls them "tutu shorts."
 To create them I simply used my pattern I drafted for the chambray shorts yesterday and added a circle ruffle sandwiched between the shorts and the waistband. For the circle ruffle I just used my old pattern from my Project Run and Play circle skirt remix. For fabric I used mint kona cotton.



Unfortunately, I didn't get the photos I had hoped for because...
 Uh-oh, someone had an accident.  We have started potty training right now. It's teaching me lots of patience. Christine needs an outfit change pretty much daily. Good thing we have three new pairs of shorts!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously the cutest thing ever! Your one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made two pairs of these shorts so far and theoare just too adorable. Wish I could post a pic of my results!!! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS