Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cozy Baby Hats


Today's baby boy project is a simple and fast one! I couldn't believe how quickly I was able to sew these cozy baby hats up. I used this  tutorial and free pattern from Zaaberry. Her instructions indicate to use a serger, but you don't have to use one. I don't have a serger so I just used my regular sewing machine and a small zigzag stitch.
The pattern uses hardly any fabric, so this project would be perfect for using up any knit scraps you may have been saving. The yellow and white striped fabric is a rayon blend jersey knit (sooo soft!)
This jade and ivory french terry knit you may recognize from lbg studio's polka dots and stripes project run and play outfit  I may have bought a yard of it immediately after seeing lgb's look so I could recreate my own!
 Because I have been talking about details, let's talk about the knot on the top of this hat! Isn't it adorable? My favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Your hats are so cute! Thanks for linking up to my pattern and tute. I wish I was as successful sewing with knits without my serger! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS