Friday, March 8, 2013

Baby Shower Gift for Baby Boy

I have a baby shower tomorrow for a friend who is having a little boy. What perfect timing! Right in the middle of my boy crafting frenzy while all these baby boy ideas are floating around in my head.
First up was a little crocheted bear hat! (The pattern came from the etsy shop Posh Patterns and I used Vanna's Choice yarn)
Then to match the hat, some bow tie onesies. Because every little boy needs some bow ties in his life.
And because babies grow out of their onesies so fast, how about make them detachable? so when they they move on to a bigger size you can still keep using the bow ties! I do not get to claim credit for this genius idea, the brilliant idea and tutorial come from One Young Love.
Hopefully my friend enjoys these! Now, I'm off to make another set for myself!!

5 comments:

  1. So sweet! I just put together a baby boy gift too. Are there more boys around than there used to be? I've had a knit pink hat in my gift stash for three years! (Lovely, lovely work on the hat -- I can't crochet, but I admire those who do.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the snaps idea. And bow ties on little boys is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the boy tie onesies! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to click through on the link for One Young Love this morning and got really nasty spam. I'm sure it's not your doing as I see you have a beautiful informative blog here--so I'm just letting you know about it. I'm new to your blog, but I see some nifty ideas here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to click through on the link for One Young Love this morning and got really nasty spam. I'm sure it's not your doing as I see you have a beautiful informative blog here--so I'm just letting you know about it. I'm new to your blog, but I see some nifty ideas here.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS