Monday, April 22, 2013

Kimono for Baby Boy

Still no baby, but my time is now being spent packing up for our big move. My sewing corner was one of the first spots to pack away so I wouldn't be tempted to keep sewing (especially with Kids Clothing Week going on!) I do have some photos of some projects I made in the last month that I will post this week and next.
Today I am sharing this little kimono top made from Habitual's free pattern. I have wanted to make one since I saw Homemade by Jill's.

The fabric is Urban Zoology Owls in blue. I love this print. I think it's really fun, and will look great on my little guy. I sewed a size 0-6 months, but I don't think it will fit until he's at least 6 months old.
The tutorial was a little sketchy on how the ties went on, so I wanted to show how it comes together. There is a tie on the inside that ties to the neckline strap.
Then you fold over the other side and tie the other neckline strap to the strap that is sewn to the outside.
 
Then you tie it in a nice little bow!

I accidentally sewed both straps so they were on the outside (instead of one on the inside and one on the outside) and had to stare at it for a couple of minutes to figure out what I did wrong. Luckily unpicking the seam and fixing the strap didn't take very long.

This is a great pattern that comes together soooo fast! I plan to make a few more this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Super pretty! I'm also moving and currently sorting through all of my sewing stuff. We won't leave here until June 1, so I'm hoping I can sneak in some simple projects before we go. It's hard to give up!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS