Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A little mending

I was given some hand-me-downs from my sister in law (la-la-love handmedowns!), and one of the shirts was an adorable white button up.  I was sad to discover that there was a large hole in the collar. I couldn't bear to put the shirt in the donate pile, so I put it in the mending pile. I thought it would be fun to replace the white + pink ricrac collar for something in a cute contrasting fabric.
I picked out the old collar with my seam ripper very carefully. Then I used the old collar for a guide for cutting out my new collar. Then I sewed the new collar back in. Sewing it in was a little tricky because the seams on the shirt had been trimmed down, so I was sewing with 1/8th inch seam allowances! But it was totally worth it!
 Voila! a new shirt. totally worth the effort.  
Adorable right?

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow- that's a wonderful idea! Why didn't I think of that??? It really is adorable!
    -Julia @handicraftiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS