Thursday, July 25, 2013

Favorites from Shorts on the Line

Remember shorts on the line? Did you see the winners? While I think they were all nice shorts, I felt there were some AWESOME shorts that should have won too. I wanted to share my favorites with you today.

In my opinion, the BEST shorts should be functional, well fitting, stylish, have a "custom" look, not a "homemade" look, they should also show some sewing savvy and creativity. In my personal opinion these all fit the bill.

First up, "Pink Shorts" from My Cozy Co. I love the simplicity of these. You know these shorts will match sooooo many tops. The flat front is a tricky sewing technique, the back pocket is adorable, and the stitching outline is a fun addition.

"Colette Iris Shorts" from Sew Caroline. Great fabric! who doesn't love Anna Maria Horner fabric? Women's shorts that fit? super impressive
"Plain Jane Shorts" from Nicole at Home Seriously, look at that perfect fit! and the photography/styling make it look like it's from a jcrew catalog. My favorite part about these shorts though, is the Heather Ross fabric she used for the facing (you'll have to go to her blog to see) such a great idea to use up scraps of treasured fabrics. (Nicole is currently competing in Sew Mama Sew's super online sewing match if you aren't following the match, you should be!)
"Girlie Ruffles Bubble Shorts" from An Apprentice Housewife These shorts were created for Frances Suzanne's "Flip this Pattern" (another online event you MUST follow! it's so much fun!) Who doesn't love E&E's Bubble Shorts Pattern? I would bet half of the shorts entered for shorts on the line used this pattern. (I bought the pattern the day it came out, but still haven't sewn up a pair yet- I need more sewing time!!) I think these shorts win most creative. My favorite part of these shorts is the girly ruffles on the suspender straps!

"Puppet Show Shorts" from Sewing for Four I love this Oliver + S pattern and have finally added it to my collection (Oliver + S paper patterns are on sale 50% off right now!!!! just use code SUMMER2013 through July 31-- I may have went a little crazy) love love love the eyelet fabric on these. I want a pair for Christine, like right now!

"Fat Quarter Sailor Shorts" from Two Many. Okay, freaking amazing fabric combination. I never would have looked at these fabrics and thought they could look so cool! And she used fat quarters! brilliant!

4 comments:

  1. Love those plain jane shorts. I didn't follow shorts on the line so it was fun to see some of your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring my shorts!I wanted to created something simple but with a nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the kind words on my shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love all of these too!! and damn, i'm so glad that i didn't have to pick any of the winners ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS