Sunday, July 21, 2013

KCW: Days 3-7

What happened to KCW? you know, sewing one hour a day? Day one and two were fun, but by day 3 I couldn't ignore the dishes any longer, the laundry was building up, and I really needed a shower. Maybe I will try again with the fall KCW, hopefully Jacob will be sleeping through the night and I can sew at night (currently, as soon as both kids are asleep I jump in bed too)
So instead, I will cheat and count this dress that I sewed up the week before KCW.
Christine outgrew all of her old dresses overnight, so I went to my fabric stash to see what I had. I found 1/2 yard of this red riding hood print (I bought for the Chevron Quilt project but didn't use it) and the red scallop print. I drafted a simple bodice and lined it, then I gathered the half yard of red riding hood fabric and sewed it to the bodice. Then inserted an invisible zipper. (This was my second invisible zipper, and let me tell you, I will NEVER sew a regular zipper again. Invisible zippers are WAY easier and look sooooo much better!) Then the dress was done! easy peasy!

As I was sewing this dress, I told Christine I was making her a new dress, and she responded. "Mommy I need FIVE new dresses!"

I guess I have some more dresses to make.

1 comment:

  1. I love the fabric and the dress! Great job!
    -Julia from www.handicraftiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS