Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Christmas Dress

Christmas went by really quickly this year. I was surprised how little time I had. But I did manage to sew a Christmas dress for Christine and matching pajamas for both kiddos.
This dress is the Georgia Vintage Dress by Cottage Mama. I have wanted to sew it since Lindsay did a blog tour last summer. Everyday on bloglovin I found myself drooling over another Georgia dress. Finally I had a reason to buy the pattern. She also has a new book that I have my eye on.
I used fabric from Amy Butler's Soul Blossom line: buttercups in spearmint, temple doors in fresh mint, and sari blooms in raspberry. Amy Butler prints always seem so wild and busy (at least to me) but always look great paired together. I'll be honest I was scared when my fabric arrived on my doorstep "Those are some bright, busy prints!!" but all sewn up, I think the fabrics are great!
The over-sized bow in the back is my favorite part. Christine's favorite element is the skirt. The skirt is so full, and "twirly" she says, and calls it her "princess dress". The pattern was a little fussy for my tastes, I usually gravitate toward more simple designs. But I wanted something a little more over-the-top for a Christmas dress. It totally reminds me of something my mom would have made me when I was a little girl. (Though she never would use such bright colors!)

1 comment:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS