Wednesday, February 26, 2014

KCW Day 1 and 2

 
Remember when I said "I'll post an update on my progress tomorrow"? What I really meant was "Maybe I'll check in tomorrow, maybe I won't." Great start right?

So even though it was quiet here yesterday, I still was sewing and I am actually making good progress on my list.
I thought I would tackle the easiest project first: patching the pink jeggings. I cut out two hearts from some grey knit fabric I had in my stash (scraps leftover from a maternity top) and used some "Steam a Seam" sticky back fusible web to iron the patches on. I thought that this would be enough, and was going to leave it at that.

But after wearing the pants for about 2 hours the edges started to peel, and with the help of a 3 year old, the heart on the right completely came off.  grrrr! (for the record I've never had good results with steam a seam, I don't know why I chose to use it. Should have gone with wonder under) So I decided to sew them on. I went with a pink embroidery thread and used a blanket stitch.

I'll be honest, I don't really like the embroidery thread. I wish I had thought to use a matching grey, and used only 2 strands instead of 3... and maybe a running stitch instead. Or started over using Wonder Under or fabric glue. Oh well. She loves them and Daddy loves them. So I will make peace with the fact that they look like a craft project
Today I finished the white jeans (can't wait to share them!) and am 90% done with the blue peasant top. Hopefully the weather cooperates tomorrow and I can get some decent photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS