Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Another Dived Basket

I went to a baby shower this weekend. Actually, it was a diaper shower, but you know my feelings about gifting a plain boring box of diapers. I still gifted diapers, but put the diapers in a basket. Yep  ANOTHER dived basket, but this time in a girly color scheme.
My friend's baby nursery decorating theme is based on these art prints she got from Etsy, so I wanted the basket to fit in with her nursery. I went with a bubble gum pink Pearl Bracelet, yellow gingham, and plain white.
The shower was a diaper shower, so I filled the basket with diapers and a pack of wipes, and a few washcloths. You can always use more washcloths right?
I bought a 10 pack of white washcloths from Walmart for super cheap (though next time I think I will try Ross so I can get some higher quality washcloths, these things are a little threadbare). Then I went through my fabric scrap box and picked a few prints that went with the nursery colors (great way to use fabric scraps!) then I pieced the squares together in a long row, folded the edges under 1/4th inch and sewed the rectangle onto the washcloth. Took me 10 minutes :)
 Ahhhh love these little bits of Heather Ross strawberries!

So I actually have no idea if the mom liked it or not. We didn't open presents at the shower! What?! I know it was a diaper shower and half the guests brought just an unwrapped box of diapers, but there were several others like me who did more than diapers. I love the part where the presents are opened and you get to Oooh and Ahhhh over all the baby things and you can see the mom's face when she opens your gift. Is that weird of me?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS