Sunday, March 23, 2014

Josephine Dress

Today Christine wore her Josephine dress to church for the last time, it's just too small. The sleeves are too short and the dress is a few inches too short. It is time to pack away the dress. This makes me so sad, as it's my very favorite dress ever. I made it forever ago, before I had started this little blog so I never photographed it.  Before I pack the dress away I wanted to snap a few photos.
As you can see, I made it using the exact fabric that Violet Field's used (Sarah Jane Out to Sea Fabric- favorite fabric line ever!) because it was so dang cute.
This is definitely my favorite dress pattern I've ever made. It's the Josephine Dress by Violet Field Threads. It's a more pricey pattern ($10.95) but they do have sales every once in a while, sometimes as good as 50% off (and if you curious no I'm not affiliated with VFT but if they offered an affiliate program I would for sure sign up because I love their patterns).
Christine calls this dress her "Cinderella dress" because it has a sash. Funny girl, I love how her mind works. I love that she loves this dress. I just hope she likes the next version just as much- yep I have already made another Josephine dress in the next size up.

2 comments:

  1. adorable. Don't put it away, its not a too -short dress, its a tunic! Miss you guys but love seeing the kids on your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable. Don't put it away, its not a too -short dress, its a tunic! Miss you guys but love seeing the kids on your blogs.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS