Friday, April 25, 2014

KCW: Spring 2014

Oh Kids Clothes Week. I love you, but I think the universe wants to keep us apart. Life and important things keep getting in the way.
I was all ready to participate in KCW:Spring 2014. I had my plan, I printed my patterns, and cut out my fabric. I even had a little jump start on a dress. But then my Grandfather died and all the not so important things like KCW got tossed out the window, and I packed the kids up and we flew to Utah for two weeks. I'm back home now. I went into my sewing room and felt a little lost.
I had planned to do some Oliver + S sewing this round. I have several of their patterns that I've bought and never sewn. So I was going to make a pair of puppet show shorts from the orange, a puppet show tunic from the orange and purple floral print. A jump rope dress from the blue princess print with the green floral for contrast. 

And, this is the dress that I cheated and got a head start on so I could have a finished project on the first day. Cheaters never prosper right? Anyone notice a color trend going on here? haha totally unplanned. (I will share details about this dress next week, it deserves it's own post) 

Regardless on how productive my KCW sewing was, KCW still loves me. Did you notice on day three I won the Warp and Weft giveaway? So happy! At first I thought "Oh my goodness I won some fabric!! oh wait, pins? $46 fancy shmancy pins??? What?! I will admit I was a little confused.
Let me tell you, the packaging on these babies is gorgeous. The pins seem so high quality. I've only ever sewn with the plain ol' $2 package from hobby lobby. I will let you know how these pins are... if I ever use them! I'm a little tempted to just put them on display and never use them because they are just so pretty

Thank you Warp and Weft for the fancy pins. I will probably have to buy some fabric from you very soon. I have my eye on the Safari Moon fabric line.

1 comment:

  1. When did Christine become a teenager?? That fabric is gorgeous. You're such a fine seamstress!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS