Thursday, July 24, 2014

KCW Day 4

Today is Thursday, and I think I might actually finish my KCW list! The sewing was a little slow today, because today was swimming day. We go to our neighborhood pool twice a week with our friends. You would think it would wear out the kids and they would both have great naps giving me lots of sewing time. In fact the opposite is true. Playing at the pool gives my kids super energy, and drains me. So I'm exhausted and the kids refused naps. Totally worth it to have a lit bit of adult conversation though. Today we chatted about expensive hair spray, Ulta, and Etsy. I totally need conversations like that in my life.
Today's outfit is the saved tank top and blue shorts. Let's talk about the shorts first.
The pattern is Elegance and Elephants's Bubble Shorts. The pattern is $9 which you guys know is a lot for me to spend on a pattern, but it comes with 2 different styles and I bought it on sale for "Flip that Pattern" last summer (except I never flipped the pattern!). I think it's totally worth the money. It's a great pattern.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the blue is Kona cotton, and the inside of the waistband is from my scrap bin. THIS is the reason why I keep a basket full of scraps of my best fabric!
If you missed my earlier post, I made this tank top two weeks ago and I freezer painted a princess (Belle) on the bottom right-hand side of the shirt. Except as I was heat setting the paint with my iron I melted holes in fabric. Ooops!  I couldn't bare to toss the tank, so I chopped the bad part off and drafted a little flounce and sewed it on the bottom and hemmed it up. Done! Shirt saved!  Now we have a great tank top for summer.
To be honest, the proportions aren't perfect. I would prefer the peplum to be maybe two inches lower so it hits at her natural waist. But if it was, you would see Belle's head poking out of the seam, and that would be a little weird.
Today I painted the fabric for Jacob's pj's and they are SO DANG CUTE. I can't wait to finish them so I can share them with you! and I cut pieces for a pair of Spruce shorts for Jacob in a bicycle print. I did not watch Veronica Mars last night, which means no hand sewing happened, so that's what I'm off to go do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS