Tuesday, February 3, 2015

KCW: Day 2

Blue raglan shirt, check! Brown corduroy pants, check!
KCW sewing went well yesterday, today not so much. I have to admit I am just not motivated to finish my pile! Part of me is like, "Eh, I did enough" the other part of me is like "nooooo the LIST! you made a list! you must cross everything off the list!" We'll see which side of my brain wins.

Details on the clothes: Raglan pattern is from Ottobre, Ottobre is in metric measurements and I think I chose the wrong size. This is a bit big, but at least it will fit him for a while. The grey/navy striped knit fabric is a cotton/poly/rayon blend from Girl Charlie (I just looked it up to link it, and noticed it's on sale for $3.90/yd right now). It's amazingly soft and I love it. The navy knit fabric for the sleeves is a cotton lycra knit from fabric.com

The pants are my Chestnut pants pattern (someday I will finish this pattern. someday.) They are made from a brown corduroy from fabric.com I was NOT happy when this fabric came in the mail. It's so thin, and not the thick corduroy I was hoping for. That's the biggest problem with online fabric shopping, you can't touch the fabric before you buy it. But I live in the middle of nowhere Texas so I really have no other choice.

I finished the Captain America shirt, and the Jump Rope Dress. So I will still have some photos to share tomorrow even if I don't keep sewing. Please motivate me in the comments section to help me finish the pjs at least, They just need to be hemmed and neckbands sewn in.

2 comments:

  1. I always get so excited when I see you have a new post up! I love getting to ogle your sewing and sweet babies. They're getting so big, it kind of hurts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get so excited when I see you have a new post up! I love getting to ogle your sewing and sweet babies. They're getting so big, it kind of hurts my heart!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS