Monday, April 27, 2015

KCW: Embroidered Geranium Dress

KCW is all done, and I finished my entire list! I'm so excited.

This dress was definitely a project for me, not stubborn girl here. She is so picky with her wardrobe I wasn't sure if she would even wear this. But luckily she informed me that Snow White has deer friends, and so it's a princess dress. Nice.
I have been wanting to try embroidering a dress bodice for a long time, and I finally did it! I used an embroidery pattern from Tamar Nahir Yanai she has this pattern available in her etsy shop here. But I actually got my pattern from a craft magazine I bought last October in San Antonio. Isn't it adorable? I'm not sure how the hand embroidery is going to hold up in the wash. I embroidered some baby bibs four years ago that have been washed like crazy and they are still holding up strong, so I'm hoping for the best.
I used the Geranium pattern with my own drafted flutter sleeves, because her flutter sleeve pattern piece is wackadoo. I am NOT going to put a raw edge sleeve on, sorry, just can't do it. I used a 2T bodice with a 4T length skirt for skinny miss here. The skirt fabric is from Aneela Hooey's Petal line, that I got on my Dallas fabric warehouse shopping trip. The sleeves I used some orchid kona cotton that I purchased for quilt I am going to be making soon.
For the back buttons I used some adorable orange buttons I found at an estate sale a few weeks ago (I bought yards of fabric, vintage patterns, and piles of vintage buttons. It was an awesome score, maybe I'll post about it soon).
Christine jumped in front of the camera for this shot. She's so funny. She loved her dress and wore it yesterday to church. I'm excited about the extra length on this, hopefully she won't outgrow it too quickly.

3 comments:

  1. I love the embroidery. What a neat idea! I am glad she sees it as a princess dress. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is incredibly beautiful, I love that embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love the geranium dress pattern.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS