Tuesday, April 28, 2015

KCW: Panda Shirt

 Jacob's striped shirt made it to the top ten over at Project Run and Play! I'd love for you to go over and vote for me!
I decided to not even try to blog all my Kids Clothes Week projects last week to help me get my entire list sewn, and it worked! I was super productive last week. Except now it's Tuesday and I'm writing about KCW and I feel like KCW was "sooooo last week". Most of the bloggers who sew for KCW AND blog about it actually sew all their stuff a week or two before, which I feel is not in the spirit of the challenge.
 I'm sure you all saw a little sneak peak of this panda shirt on the post about Jacob's shirt and shorts.
The theme for this season's KCW was Wild Things. So I wanted to do something with that. The panda face was super simple. I created the face on my Silhouette software and cut it out of heat transfer material, and ironed it on to the front of the shirt. Bam! adorable shirt!
I drafted this t-shirt pattern- which I'm calling the Marigold tee. I love the length and the curve and the slight flare. I've written before about how Christine needs extra long shirts for preschool, and this shirt is PERFECT for preschool! The fabric is from my stash (leftover from a dress I made myself-yep we can wear them at the same time and be twinners).
 I am for sure going to make some more animal face shirts. I think Jacob needs a bear face shirt!

1 comment:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS